Skip to main content

Watch What You Say Parents.

Coming back home this evening all tired from my long trip made from Abuja, I walked into the sitting room where I met my little princess watching TV soaps with her friends. I was greeted with smiles and gave out the goodies I manage to get under the torrent rain on my way home.

 I got into my room or our room since we(I and my little girl) share it and met it in disorder. I pretended it was no problem, on coming out of the room I saw her and her friends riding her bicycle in the house! Well I ignored it and caution the weight limit on the bicycle as i walked passed heading to the living room but to my dismay the living room has been turned up-side-down and inside-out. 

I asked her to clear some of her mess, this was of course after her grandma had reported her to me, but she casually ignored it and I gave her a good hit on her back which came with a babyish sound of exclamatory "ush, ush, ush" she burst out crying and I lashed out at her with words.  

 At this time, I walked away but noticed her tears was increasing in temple by the seconds. Still angry at her and wondering why she is still crying.
Why are you still crying? I asked, she said because you cuss me, meaning I have been saying hurtful words at her and possibly calling her names. I became broken, so I sat down on the plastic chair and call her to sit on my lap, gently I asked what I said, she cried the more and I know I must have beat (exceed) the mark of caution. I recall each words and made a demonstrative interacting story about her actions and the consequnences to which she provided the correct answer at each question as my illustrated story progress, as we started talking.

 I apologized and she hugged me, resting her head on my shoulder as the tears fades away, and it dawn on me our words will either make or maim our kids. I hope we learn from this parents.


- Elohor Tarhe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The New Pre-wedding Style

  A guy on Twitter has given a pre-wedding list for intending couples and suggested that people should not be wasting time on pre-wedding photos instead. 

Painful Tradegy, Night Inferno Kills Family Of Five In Ogun State

Grieving residents of Abule Ake in Idi Aba area of Abeokuta, Ogun State, and members of the Oloruku family are battling to unravel why a woman in a fit of rage killed herself, husband and three children in a night inferno she willfully ignited on the family home.

FIFA President says He is "CLEAN"

    The FIFA president Sepp Blatter told the BBC in an interview that he is "clean" and "the institution is not corrupt".